Class this Saturday!
Class is cancelled, folks.
Soldering in the Round
Date: None scheduled at this time. To schedule your own class with a group of friends (min. 4), contact me.
Using handmade glass discs and gems from the best marble store ever (and it’s local!), Moon Marble Company, we will explore the art of soldering objects with rounded edges. Using wavy copper foil, you will learn to make dots with the solder. After the rounds are soldered, you will be piecing them together with chain to make a round pendant collage. Some soldering experience will make this class easier, but is not required. All supplies for the class will be provided. If time allows, we will also be soldering colored glass gem rings.
- basic soldering
- soldering “dots”
- adding jump rings
- attaching chain and clasps
- optional: building glass gem collage using ephemera
- optional: applying patina
Class size: 8 students max.
- Prepayment required.
- 24 hour cancellation notice required for refund. Please try to allow 48 hours for cancellation so that I may notify others on the waiting list.
- Must be at least 14 years old.