Or rather, the adventure is laying out now. As I prepare for the Amsterdam Discovery trip, I am already amazed at the growth and stretching that is taking place in my own life.
In celebration, Wendy’s trip costs have been covered by donations, plus she will have just enough extra money to cover the meals and expenses not included in the trip cost.
For my own fundraising, I have been holding classes in my home. So far I’ve taught several soldering classes, and a visual journaling class. I have a couple more classes lined up for the month of October. I’m also selling an Amsterdam soldered pendant from my Etsy shop.
While all of this is helping to pay for the trip, I’ll be working into 2010 to fully recover the costs.
Here’s what I’m discovering:
- I love to teach
- I love to prepare classes
- I love to get others excited about creativity and expression
- I am inspired by the uniqueness of each students work
- I love the relationships that are developing from these classes
- I feel that I am being prepared for something else
- I don’t enjoy marketing myself
- I don’t like collecting money
- I have a greater respect for all teachers that are prepared and thoughtful about the classes they teach and the time invested to bring the classes together
All in all, I have learned so much by holding the classes, and the experience has affected the vision and goals for my future. Exciting times!